Abstract Presentations Instructions
The ISSWSH/ISSM Joint Meeting 2019 will feature two types of presentations:
- Oral Podium Presentations: will be granted 6 minutes to present, followed by 4 minutes discussion.
- Posters: are presented as non-discussed posters only, to be exhibited during the poster session on Friday, Posters: are presented as non-discussed posters only, to be exhibited during the poster session on Friday, March 8, 2019 or Saturday, March 9, 2019
Oral Podium Presentations
If you are presenting an Oral Podium Presentation, please observe the following points:
- Declare any relevant links to industry or other conflicts of interest before beginning your presentation. You need to have a disclosure slide in the beginning of your presentation.
- Do not exceed the time limits of your presentation which is 6 minutes. If you exceed the time limit, you will be interrupted by the Chair.
- Please note that only digital Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows or digital video files (MP4, MOV, AVI) are possible. Mac-based presentations must be converted for PC use.
- We recommend that you use the latest version of Microsoft PowerPoint for Windows to develop your presentation. If you are using embedded video clips in your presentation, please ensure that this file isincluded in your PowerPoint file or include/submit your video files separately (we recommend saving a copy ofthe original video file with your PowerPoint presentation just in case).
- Slides must be submitted to the staff in the meeting room at least 2 hours prior to the session. You can bring your PowerPoint slides on flash drive (preferably in the ratio of 16:9). It will not be permitted to connect your own personal notebook.
- We recommend that you store an accessible copy of your presentation in the cloud (e.g. webmail, DropBox, Google Drive, etc.).
The maximum allowed height of your poster is 4 ft (122 cm) and width is 8 ft (244 cm). All posters need to be in landscape style. Material for attaching the posters to the poster walls will be available in the poster area. We advise you to use the template poster file when creating your poster.
Digital posters on website
In order to give all participants the opportunity to view all posters without any hurry, all posters will be published on the official meeting website. Please submit a digital version of your poster via the ISSWSH Abstract System before February 15, 2019. Log in using your credentials and go to List of Submitted Abstracts to upload your file.
Your poster is scheduled either in the poster session on Friday, March 8, 2019 or on Saturday, March 9, 2019. As an author we kindly ask you to stand by your poster(s) during this session.
Please hang your poster on the day of your presentation between 04:00 pm and 06:00 pm and remove it after het poster session. Posters not taken down in time will be removed and may consequently be disposed of by themeeting venue.
The organization is seeking for accreditation by the American Medical Association (AMA) to provide continuing medical education (CME) credits to physicians. The ACCME has implemented a regulation for abstract submissions.Therefore, we kindly ask you to make sure that all abstract authors of an abstract accepted as podium presentationwill submit a disclosure declaration form by January 15, 2019.
Furthermore, we require that the abstract presenter registers for the meeting by latest on January 15, 2019.