Media & Press Policy
The ISSWSH 2015 Annual Meeting is organized by the International Society for the Study of Women's Sexual Health (ISSWSH) and will take place in Austin, TX, February 19 - 22, 2015. The ISSWSH promotes, encourages and supports the highest standards of practice, research, education and ethics in the study of human sexual function and dysfunction. The ISSWSH welcomes media representatives to its meetings to report objectively on scientific presentations and environmental issues. Registration is complimentary for editorial staff representatives of general circulation newspapers and magazines, and scientific publications. Advertising or marketing representatives will not be registered, and freelance writers must provide a letter of assignment from an acceptable publisher. All attendees at ISSWSH meetings must formally register. A Registration Form will be provided on request. In order to prevent disruptions and to ensure science-based discourse among speakers and attendees, the following policy applies:
- There will be no cameras allowed in, nor radio broadcasts made directly from, scientific sessions. Filming may only be allowed in the Press Room with consenting speakers, after having received permission from the ISSWSH Executive Director.
- No audio taping for re-broadcast of scientific presentations or question-and-answer sessions is allowed without express, advance approval by the ISSWSH Executive Director.
- An ISSWSH member or any of their Executive Office/staff members may be assigned to news crews in order to familiarize them with the meeting layout, answer questions about the Society, and generally facilitate their work.
- All requests for filming, photographs, interviews, etc. outside this policy must be submitted to the ISSWSH Executive Director for a decision.
- This policy is intended to engender a rational and professional forum in which science- based issues can be discussed. Any media representative who sells, markets, or represents a company for purposes of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any exhibitor or registrant will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and subsequent meetings.
General Policy on Filming, Photography, Audio Recording, and Cellphones
- No participant/attendee/visitor at the meeting may record, film, tape, photograph, interview, or use any other such media during any presentation, display, or exhibit without the express, advance approval of the ISSWSH Executive Director. This policy applies to all ISSWSH members, non-members, guests, and exhibitors, as well as members of the print, online, or broadcast media.
- If approved by the ISSWSH Executive Director, then photography, video, filming, and tape recording by credentialed media are only permitted during press conferences or in the Press Interview Room.
- At any time, photography, video, filming, tape recording, and all other forms of recording are prohibited during all slide sessions, special lectures, symposia, mini-symposia, sponsored symposia, courses, and workshops, and on the poster and exhibit floors.
If you have any questions, please contact Tessa Benitez at the ISSWSH Office.
Phone: +1 (952) 683 9025